We Are More+
We are MORE
Since IlliniCare Health was founded, we have been MORE to our members by providing care and services that go beyond the basic requirements of a health plan.
We are INNOVATIVE
IlliniCare Health strives to create INNOVATIVE solutions in the hopes of creating positive outcomes for our members, our community, and IlliniCare Health.
We are COLLABORATIVE
IlliniCare Health aims to be COLLABORATIVE with community stakeholders in order to provide exceptional care and services to our members.
Transforming the health of the community, one person at a time
IlliniCare Health is a managed care organization founded in 2011 that is contracted with the state of Illinois to provide healthcare services to the Medicaid and Medicare populations. In 2014, IlliniCare Health launched a variety of commercial health insurance plans, which are available for purchase on the Health Insurance Marketplace. We aim to improve healthcare outcomes and quality of care; partner with providers; and control costs.
The mission of the Innovations Institute is to lead IlliniCare Health to identify and implement measurable innovative ideas that promote incremental and breakthrough improvements in our ability to transform the health of our community, one person at a time.
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago: Outreach services for difficult to reach HIV and AIDS members
- Integra: Outreach services for high-utilization members
- The Boulevard: Temporary housing for members transitioning from inpatient care
- La Rabida: Care coordination for complex child members
- University of Chicago: Care coordination for MMP members
- Thresholds: Care coordination for high-risk behavioral health members
- Addus: Home based pre-acute care for ICP HCBS members
- Better Care Home Health: Skilled nursing visit post-discharge for highrisk members
- Visiting Physicians Associates: In-home physician visits for homebound members
Thresholds + IlliniCare Health: Ruthie's Story
Ruthie was in and out of the hospital since 1984 due to a combination of drug abuse and unmanaged behavioral health issues. These issues were exacerbated by the fact that Ruthie was homeless. Thresholds and IlliniCare Health connected with Ruthie to set-up a stable living situation for her and establish a personalized healthcare plan. Since she was connected by our partnership, Ruthie has not been admitted to the hospital once.
Ruthie’s story is one of many. Since the start of the partnership, Thresholds has seen admissions to the hospital drop by 50%. The Thresholds + IlliniCare Health partnership is just one example of implementing innovative solutions to tough problems.
How can you be MORE?
IlliniCare Health invites you to join the Innovations Institute and participate in our mission to be MORE to our members. If you and your organization are interested in taking a COLLABORATIVE approach to addressing our community’s and members’ problems, join us today! The Innovations Institute will enable us to identify and implement INNOVATIVE solutions together.